🧑💻 When looking for ways to get free AWS credits to be used on AWS services such as LLM training for your AI SaaS or EC2 instances, I discovered many resources that provide broken or stale links (or worse, harmful links), so I thought providing this list would be helpful for many Finxters.
To obtain free AWS credits, consider the following programs:
- AWS Activate: Ideal for startups, AWS Activate provides up to $100,000 in AWS promotional credits to help grow your business. With resources available quickly, it offers a low-cost, easy-to-use infrastructure.
- AWS Activate Founders: A part of AWS Activate, this package is for bootstrapped and self-funded startups. It offers credits, resources, and dedicated support to help startups build, test, and deploy on AWS.
- AWS Activate Portfolio: Aimed at startups affiliated with an AWS Activate Provider, this package provides up to $100,000 in AWS Activate Credits for AWS services or AWS Activate Business Support credits for technical support.
- Publish an Alexa Skill: Developers can earn a $100 AWS promotional credit for each Alexa skill published, aiding in unlocking your skills’ potential.
- AWS Webinars & Events: Attend AWS webinars, events, and conferences to earn AWS credits. Proof of attendance is required. Often, you’ll get an email inviting you to an event to gain AWS credits.
- AWS Educate: Designed for institutions, educators, and students to learn cloud skills, AWS Educate provides AWS credits for hands-on experience with AWS tech and training.
- AWS Cloud Credits for Research: This program evaluates academic research, awarding credits to researchers building cloud-hosted services or migrating research processes to the cloud.
- AWS Imagine Grant Program: Open to registered 501(c) nonprofit organizations, this grant provides up to $100,000 in AWS Promotional Credit to those using technology to address critical global issues.
- AWS Free Tier: A great option for new users to access AWS products at no cost up to specified limits for one year from account creation.
- Customer Surveys: I get an email from AWS asking me to complete a customer survey roughly every quarter. The survey takes 15 minutes to complete, and I’ll get a $100 credit.
If you want to learn the ins and outs of new technologies and polish your Python and OpenAI skill, feel free to check out our email academy by downloading this cheat sheet:
While working as a researcher in distributed systems, Dr. Christian Mayer found his love for teaching computer science students.
To help students reach higher levels of Python success, he founded the programming education website Finxter.com that has taught exponential skills to millions of coders worldwide. He’s the author of the best-selling programming books Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), The Art of Clean Code (NoStarch 2022), and The Book of Dash (NoStarch 2022). Chris also coauthored the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books. He’s a computer science enthusiast, freelancer, and owner of one of the top 10 largest Python blogs worldwide.
His passions are writing, reading, and coding. But his greatest passion is to serve aspiring coders through Finxter and help them to boost their skills. You can join his free email academy here.