Has a piece of code ever puzzled you? You read the code but the meaning is just not popping into your head.
Welcome to the world of coding! Every coder knows this feeling. It is a natural consequence of your decision to learn to code.
How to start learning to code?
Finxter teaches you rapid code understanding. To make learning fun, we have created the three step Finxter loop.
Here’s the deal: at least once a day, you …
- … solve a code puzzle in your current skill level,
- … read the explanations to improve your skills,
- … enjoy the endorphines released by your body when solving the puzzle.
Repeat this small 5-minute habbit daily and you will become a great coder.
Register for free
Beyond being 100% free, your Finxter benefits are:
- Broad learning: >300 Python code puzzles with rapid growing puzzle base.
- Visual learning: >300 selected educative videos to explain Python concepts of each puzzle.
- Focused learning: One Python key concept per puzzle.
- Individualized learning: Puzzles in your difficulty level.
- Scientifical learning: Finxter is based on the scientifically proven learning method practice testing.
- Test-driven learning: Test your skill level and compare it against thousands of other Finxters.
- Interactive learning: Finxter Community helps you grow your skills.
- Fast learning: 5-minute Finxter loop for sustainable learning progress.
- Provable learning: Free Certificates to prove your progress to employers.
Coding is like learning a new language. You improve by listening to and expressing yourself in the new language. A core language skill is to understand words quickly. Likewise, a core programming skill is to understand code quickly.
This page teaches you rapid code understanding. It teaches you to see beyond the code. When we are done with you, the meaning of a code snippet will unfold like words from your mother’s tongue. At this point, consider yourself a code master.
Becoming a code master is what we at Finxter want for you. Furthermore, we want you to achieve this with minimal effort only by committing to a simple process. We know: If you are like most of our users, you can not commit fulltime to learning to code.
Fortunately, this is not needed. A quiet habit is much better than a loud event. Learn 5 minutes every day and not a single whole weekend. True learning is a process, not an event.
To help you reach your goal on the side, we have created the Finxter loop, a daily 5-minute habit. Solve a puzzle a day and enjoy the release of endorphins into your brain when solving it. Commit to this single habit and your Python skills will expand rapidly.
“Be a server, not a client!”
Christian is working as a doctoral computer science researcher in the area of distributed systems in Stuttgart, Germany. He has teached many students in computer science, graph theory, and distributed systems. His passions are writing, reading, and coding. Christian’s mission is to serve aspiring coders through Finxter and help them to boost their skills.
What our Users Say
“The site is absolutely fantastic! It has really helped me grow in confidence in reading code and develop my skills in Python. Thank you for making such a great site.”
“Awesome content! 🙂”
“I very much enjoy your finxter.com website because is has some real meat to the problems. Thank you so much for doing this project! I love it!”
” Your site is awesome.”
“I found Finxter an excellent tool to brush up on my Python skills. I totally love the setup of playing against the questions – such a wonderful idea <3 ... and great questions."
“Well, I certainly like a lot your coding puzzles. I think those are great posts and your page is the only one doing it.”