This machine learning cheat sheet gives you a visual overview of 6 must-know machine learning algorithms (and where to learn more).
- Linear Regression: train your linear model to predict output values.
- K-Means Clustering: apply it on unlabeled data to find clusters and patterns in your data.
- K-Nearest Neighbors: use a similarity metric to find the k closest data points to a certain input point. The training phase is as simple as storing the data points in your model. Only the inference phase is relatively expensive.
- Support Vector Machines: Find the best decision boundary that best separates your data classes for classification problems.
- Decision Tree Classification: Train your model one feature at a time—decision trees are very useful because humans can understand them.
- Multilayer Perceptron: The most simple case of a neural network for maximum learning power.
Here’s the cheat sheet that not only gives you a quick overview but also provides you links to more in-depth tutorials. Print it, check out one tutorial per day, and cross it off with a fat “X” to set your machine learning foundation now!
If you love cheat sheets, feel free to join my free email academy with lots of regular Python cheat sheets and everything you’ll need to become a master coder:
While working as a researcher in distributed systems, Dr. Christian Mayer found his love for teaching computer science students.
To help students reach higher levels of Python success, he founded the programming education website Finxter.com. He’s author of the popular programming book Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), coauthor of the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books, computer science enthusiast, freelancer, and owner of one of the top 10 largest Python blogs worldwide.
His passions are writing, reading, and coding. But his greatest passion is to serve aspiring coders through Finxter and help them to boost their skills. You can join his free email academy here.