Sorry for the click-bait. But I’ve just read about a similar Quora question and some people were discussing ways to earn 10% on the stock market. In many cases, they proposed high-risk strategies for stock picking.
I don’t want to argue too much against those ideas (they are stupid—you cannot beat the stock market over long periods using stock-picking approaches unless you spend an unbelievable amount of time and effort).
But it’s really easy to accomplish much higher returns with almost zero risk in your own life. The only problem is that they don’t scale to billions of dollars of capital. However, they CAN scale to many hundreds of thousands of dollars and unless you’ve reached this level of capital, you should use these unconventional high ROI ideas.
So how can the best investments give you 100%, even 1000% ROI? Here are a few examples of those investments:
- Sleep: Invest 1–2 hours more and double your output day in and day out.
- Fast Internet Connection: Pay $10 more per month but get 4–5 hours back which you can reinvest back into your business.
- Outsourcing: Pay someone $10 per hour so that you can do the $100 per hour tasks. Don’t know how to earn $100 per hour? Here’s how:
- Learn: Buy a book for $20, read it, and become more valuable to society which will increase your hourly rate and lead to thousands of Dollars higher earning potential during your lifetime. Repeat.
- Relationships: Knowing more people has an unbelievable high return on your “invested” time. While the investment process is fun and makes your life happier, it also benefits your monetary results. Never underestimate the value of your power base!
As you see, those are the real profitable investments nowadays. Stock market returns cannot compare against those in any way.
There’s even a quote from Warren Buffet that confirms this view:
Warren Buffet: “Invest in Yourself”
According to Warren Buffet, there’s one investment that beats all others. It can’t be taxed and not even inflation can take it away. “Ultimately, there’s one investment that supersedes all others: Invest in yourself,” Buffet argues in a recent Forbes interview. “Nobody can take away what you’ve got in yourself, and everybody has potential they haven’t used yet.”
So start investing today—in your education, your relationship, your productivity, your technology, and yourself.
While working as a researcher in distributed systems, Dr. Christian Mayer found his love for teaching computer science students.
To help students reach higher levels of Python success, he founded the programming education website Finxter.com. He’s author of the popular programming book Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), coauthor of the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books, computer science enthusiast, freelancer, and owner of one of the top 10 largest Python blogs worldwide.
His passions are writing, reading, and coding. But his greatest passion is to serve aspiring coders through Finxter and help them to boost their skills. You can join his free email academy here.