Python freelancers earn $51 per hour on average. But how do they do it? In the following video I show you the top five trending gigs for Python freelancers:
In summary, these are the most trending jobs how Python freelancers earn money in 2020:
- Create educational content:. You can write blog articles for blog owners, write ebooks for publishers, or create full video courses for education companies. These gigs usually require that you’re dedicated to teaching and you’re willing to learn. But the payoff can be huge—because you learn new things, increase your value to the marketplace and get paid in the process.
- Become a consultant. If you have mastered the freelancing platforms, it often becomes a good idea to leave those platforms because they take a hefty 20% cut from your earnings. You can position yourself as an independent consultant and offer your services to big companies and business owners without intermediaries. Over time, more and more consulting opportunities will present themselves to you. Just work on your skills and contribute!
- Develop websites. Python has great web development back-end functionality. You can master Django, Flask, and MySQL databases for Python. Then, you can develop websites for individuals and companies and sell them. If you streamline the process, you can earn significant money for relatively little time because the process of creating a website can be 10x faster for experienced coders that optimize processes.
- Create machine learning models. Many companies have huge amounts of training and testing data. They need better models. So, they hire 20-30 machine learning engineers to create models that maximize accuracy and minimize variance. Then, they take the best one. This can be a massive opportunity for you because machine learning is here to stay.
- Visualize data and create dashboards. The internet of thing is a growing beast. Business owners must observe data from various sources that may change dynamically. A great way of accomplishing this are dashboards. In Python, you can easily create dashboards using the Dash library from Plotly. If you master this rapidly growing technology, you’ll have plenty of work in the upcoming decade.
If you want to get a step-by-step blueprint on how to create your own freelancing business online, feel free to check out my full Python Freelancing Program! The link leads to the overview website on this blog.
Where to Go From Here?
Enough theory. Let’s get some practice!
Coders get paid six figures and more because they can solve problems more effectively using machine intelligence and automation.
To become more successful in coding, solve more real problems for real people. That’s how you polish the skills you really need in practice. After all, what’s the use of learning theory that nobody ever needs?
You build high-value coding skills by working on practical coding projects!
Do you want to stop learning with toy projects and focus on practical code projects that earn you money and solve real problems for people?
🚀 If your answer is YES!, consider becoming a Python freelance developer! It’s the best way of approaching the task of improving your Python skills—even if you are a complete beginner.
If you just want to learn about the freelancing opportunity, feel free to watch my free webinar “How to Build Your High-Income Skill Python” and learn how I grew my coding business online and how you can, too—from the comfort of your own home.
More Finxter Tutorials
Learning is a continuous process and you’d be wise to never stop learning and improving throughout your life. 👑
What to learn? Your subconsciousness often knows better than your conscious mind what skills you need to reach the next level of success.
I recommend you read at least one tutorial per day (only 5 minutes per tutorial is enough) to make sure you never stop learning!
💡 If you want to make sure you don’t forget your habit, feel free to join our free email academy for weekly fresh tutorials and learning reminders in your INBOX.
Also, skim the following list of tutorials and open 3 interesting ones in a new browser tab to start your new — or continue with your existing — learning habit today! 🚀
- Python One Line For Loop
- Import Modules From Another Folder
- Determine Type of Python Object
- Convert String List to Int List
- Convert Int List to String List
- Convert String List to Float List
- Convert List to NumPy Array
- Append Data to JSON File
- Filter List Python
- Nested List
Python Dependency Management:
- Install PIP
- How to Check Your Python Version
- Check Pandas Version in Script
- Check Python Version Jupyter
- Check Version of Package PIP
- 5 Cheat Sheets Every Python Coder Needs to Own
- 10 Best Python Puzzles to Discover Your True Skill Level
- How to $1000 on the Side as a Python Freelancer
Thanks for learning with Finxter!
While working as a researcher in distributed systems, Dr. Christian Mayer found his love for teaching computer science students.
To help students reach higher levels of Python success, he founded the programming education website Finxter.com that has taught exponential skills to millions of coders worldwide. He’s the author of the best-selling programming books Python One-Liners (NoStarch 2020), The Art of Clean Code (NoStarch 2022), and The Book of Dash (NoStarch 2022). Chris also coauthored the Coffee Break Python series of self-published books. He’s a computer science enthusiast, freelancer, and owner of one of the top 10 largest Python blogs worldwide.
His passions are writing, reading, and coding. But his greatest passion is to serve aspiring coders through Finxter and help them to boost their skills. You can join his free email academy here.